Anyone, and Everyone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about the year 2012?

4 posters

Go down

What do you think about the year 2012? Empty What do you think about the year 2012?

Post  Joy Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:58 pm

This is what I think.
The Mayan's didn't get any further than that year BECAUSE after 1000's of years? We could evolve enough & make our own!
Picture this if you will please? One Mayan to another .... If those fockers DON'T get it by now? They never will!! Let 'em learn from what we have taught them!
Isn't it up to us to make future calendars?

Joy

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the year 2012? Empty Re: What do you think about the year 2012?

Post  chrissythegreat Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:32 pm

HAHAHAA yea I can picture that conversation LOL

I actually did a paper on them two years ago for an art class. They were pretty accurate on their predictions Shocked LOL

What about Nostradamus too?? He had some pretty freaky close calls LOL . He used Renaissance French, not modern French that's why people don't translate him so well LOL

chrissythegreat

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the year 2012? Empty Re: What do you think about the year 2012?

Post  mmaiden Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't think I want to spend too much time thinking about 2012, you see, Mr. Murphy has made me his poster child, that is me you picture in your head when someone says "Anything that can go wrong, will!" and God has me on his poster for the campaign of "I will only give you what you can handle in a day!" Exclamation
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  dianna Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:20 pm

When I saw the title of this, all I could come up with is I've got to get through today - can't even worry about that one. Love your answers!
dianna
dianna

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:28 pm

It is with friends I have found online, that I manage to not slip into a horrible funk. (And I think this is a great forum. I am sure I will spend a lot of time here - cultivating my friendships and watching them grow.)

And on the lighter side. I am watching my email messages grow because I keep forgetting to uncheck the "Notify me when a reply is posted". So I keep having to click the link to not watch the topic. Neutral
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Joy Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:42 pm

gentle (((hugs))) to everyone!
This can spread to religion & it's ok here if we do that! lol
Wouldn't it stink if we were told we have until that day before we go kaput!?
I always try to think on the happy side of things. To be honest with yous?
I still think the Mayans were laughing & saying to each other ... "think they got it by now?"

Joy

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 am

What would you do if "they" told us, we really did have only so much time to live? What if all of the earthquakes, volcanic action, tsunamis, hurricanes, tornados and other wild natural disasters were beginning to become the norm? Surprised
Would you believe them?
Would you move? To try to find somewhere safer?
What about joining an "end of life" cult and go into one of those elaborate shelters?

Personally, I would stay where I am. I would not want to be an underground survivor. Right now, where I live, we are fairly safe. I think we are about 600 feet above sea level. There is a fault line that runs through around here somewhere but as far as I know, it is pretty stable. We don't get hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, tsunamis, and have no volcanos here. (As far as I know anyway) We do have a lot of old mines around here that could create a lot of choas if they were to start caving in. We do have a lot of snow in the winter. This last winter though, we were almost a hundred inches down in snowfall. So that is a pretty drastic change in and of itself. Weird winter to be sure. Our spring is a bit off too but not so much that it is noticable. Hot one day, in the 70's, cold the next, in the high 30s or low 40s. Back and forth. Today is cold. Low 40s. They are talking 70s in a few days though. It could still snow here. Wouldn't be the first time we had snow in April. Last year we had a slushy snow storm in April. I slipped and sprained my ankle and got a bone chip fracture. Foot swelled up huge, bruised from the ankle down on my whole foot except for the bottom. Yuck! And honestly, one year, don't remember when but mom talks about it, it snowed on the 4th of July! Of course it didn't stay on the ground, but it did snow! Very Happy (random thought process?)
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Joy Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:11 pm

I agree with all the natural disasters!
I read the Bible a lot. I falter A LOT but my Bible talks of these things happening before the coming of Christ. My Bible also says we'll not know the day or hour of the rapture. I don't think we'll stop living on that day if my God didn't say it. I hope this makes sense? Not trying to cause trouble in any way about this, but everyone's opinion is most appreciated!

Joy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum