Anyone, and Everyone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Category Suggestions (Requests??)

+2
lcoffbaby
Genkicoll
6 posters

Go down

Forum Category Suggestions (Requests??) Empty Forum Category Suggestions (Requests??)

Post  Genkicoll Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Right now there is one category, "Your First Forum", where every topic we create is posted.

Some categories would be nice Smile (I know the forum is very new, these are just suggestions/requests):

Rules and Board FAQ
Introductions/Comings & Goings
Fun & Games (for jokes and things like A-Z games, etc)
Member's Writings (our own literary attempts Razz)
Recipes (ohhhh, you know I have dozens of tried and true recipes to share, and I'm sure others to, too Very Happy)
Game Discussions (Nuff said?)
The Furnace (where we post when we're steamed and "hot" at the world Evil or Very Mad )
Talky Talkin' (where we talk about anything and everything that doesn't fit elsewhere)

^_____^

Last edited by Genkicoll on Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Forum Category Suggestions (Requests??) Empty Re: Forum Category Suggestions (Requests??)

Post  lcoffbaby Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:00 pm

If ya click on the home page and then click on the view new posts since my last visit link you'll have it!!

lcoffbaby
Admin

https://aaronsmom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Forum Category Suggestions (Requests??) Empty Re: Forum Category Suggestions (Requests??)

Post  dianna Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Great ideas, Genki! If there are different categories like that, once this place grows (and it will), favorite threads won't be difficult to find.
dianna
dianna

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:21 pm

It sounds like you are a great organizer. I would like to nominate Genkicoll for the office of forum secretary. Arrow I think her great organizational skills can be put to good use. Exclamation (And when you have free time, come to organize my living space) Laughing
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:41 pm

Hahaha Laughing

I've been a moderator at my favorite Zoo Tycoon site for over 3 years, so I'm used to trying to keep forums organized and threads easy to find Very Happy
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:09 pm

A forum category about music. If only people didn't do this when I sing. > Evil or Very Mad
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  dianna Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm

I've got a request. Every time there is a post after mine, I get a message in my email inbox if I forget to click on the "Stop Watching . . ." thing at the bottom of the page. I don't even want to think about how many I'm going to have to get rid of after tonight. Rolling Eyes
dianna
dianna

Back to top Go down

Post  KatieLouise Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:11 am

Same here dianna, trying to figure it out myself as my blackberry is full of messages! Anyone here technical and can help us folks? lol. I love you
KatieLouise
KatieLouise

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:51 am

The board default needs to be set to NOT have the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box checked. It would also be nice if the "Attach signature" box WAS a default.
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissythegreat Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:59 am

Hi ladies! Here's how you fix that email problem

Click on profile

then click on the preferences tab

then you have several yes or no options. Sixth option the one that says : Always notify me of replies. You need to change that to no.

Be sure to go to the bottom of the page and click SAVE, or else it won't work.

That should cure the problem

Happy posting!

chrissythegreat

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:12 pm

Thank you, Chrissy! That is so very helpful I love you

I've edited my first post to add one extra forum topic, and amend another.
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  dianna Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks for the info Chrissy! Thanks everyone for letting me know that I'm not the only one still trying to figure all of this out!
dianna
dianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:15 pm

I'm nowhere near being a forum newbie, and I still didn't figure it out! You're not alone!
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:16 am

I finally figured it out. I have never had so many emails in my inbox. Now I am back to normal! Normal? Did I say that? I'm never normal! Rolling Eyes
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:56 am

Mahahaha lol!
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:00 am

I am not alone here. WHEW! HI GENKICOLL! lol!
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:38 pm

Can all of the recipe topics be SUB-Forums of the Recipe Forum? It will be easier to keep it organized that way Smile
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissythegreat Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:52 pm

That's what I'm working on right now LOL.

chrissythegreat

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:40 pm

And it looks lovely, too! Thanks again for your hard work!
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum