Anyone, and Everyone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No-fuss Spanish Rice by Genki

2 posters

Go down

No-fuss Spanish Rice by Genki Empty No-fuss Spanish Rice by Genki

Post  Genkicoll Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

I was experimenting and this turned out really well, so I thought I'd share Very Happy

Spanish Rice
1 cup white rice
1/2 cup quinoa*
2 cups water
1 can diced stewed tomatoes, undrained
1/8 tsp powdered cayenne pepper

Combine the above ingredients in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to a low boil. DO NOT STIR. When rice has absorbed all of the liquid (as usual when making rice), remove from heat and add one can of drained corn (still, don't stir). Cover and let steam for about 10 minutes. Stir to mix ingredients right before serving.

Serve with your favorite salsa.

This recipe would also be very good with diced green bell peppers. Simply dice to desired size and add to the mixture in the first step.

*Quinoa: Its protein content is very high (12%–18%). Unlike wheat or rice (which are low in lysine), quinoa contains a balanced set of essential amino acids for humans, making it an unusually complete food. This means it takes less quinoa protein to meet one's needs than wheat protein. It is a good source of dietary fiber and phosphorus and is high in magnesium and iron. Quinoa is gluten free and considered easy to digest. It's cooked the same way as rice, and is very tasty when cooked properly.
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

No-fuss Spanish Rice by Genki Empty Re: No-fuss Spanish Rice by Genki

Post  Joy Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:08 pm

We (my family) will try this recipe. Thank you for sharing with us!

Joy

Back to top Go down