Anyone, and Everyone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast-n-Easy Banana Cake by Genki

Go down

Fast-n-Easy Banana Cake by Genki Empty Fast-n-Easy Banana Cake by Genki

Post  Genkicoll Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:09 pm

This is an extremely easy and fast way to make banana cake, and lower fat than most cakes, to boot Wink

Fast-n-Easy Banana Cake

Ingredients:

3 small bananas
1 pre-packaged vanilla or white cake mix
Water
Eggs
Sugar (optional)
Vanilla frosting

Make the cake batter as directed on the box, using the specified amount of water and eggs, but REPLACE the oil with an equivalant amount of mashed banana (when I made it, one small banana was exactly right). For an even lower-fat cake with more banana flavor, you can also replace the eggs with mashed bananas (I do this with my banana bread every year - it works great!)

Bake in 2 round cake pans until golden brown, cool.

Line cake tray (whatever you're going to frost your cake on) with waxed paper for easy cleanup, then place the first layer of your cake. Using a very sharp, long knife, level this layer of cake down to give the filling a place to sit. (Can have fun with the cut-off portion - It's good to be the chef laugh.gif)

Filling:

Stir frosting well

Mash remaining bananas (an electric hand mixer works great!) with 1/2 tsp lemon juice (to prevent browning) along with approximately 1/8 cup of the vanilla frosting - may add sugar to taste. Spread evenly over first cake layer, coming to 1/2 inch of the sides.

Place remaining layer on top of filling, then frost cake as usual.
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down