Anyone, and Everyone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest for Humane Society Grant

+2
dianna
mmaiden
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Contest for Humane Society Grant - Page 2 Empty Re: Contest for Humane Society Grant

Post  Joy Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:51 pm

We are voting here sweetheart! Hugs to you!

Joy

Back to top Go down

Contest for Humane Society Grant - Page 2 Empty Re: Contest for Humane Society Grant

Post  Joy Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:55 pm

I had uncles & aunts & everyone I know vote!
Good luck hon! (((hugs)))

Joy

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:07 pm

In Mozilla Firefox, if you click on Tools, then Clear Recent History to remove cookies, you can vote over and over again. I have put in about 8 votes so far Embarassed
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:13 pm

Wow! I didn't know that and am almost falling asleep in my chair. Sleep
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:08 am

Well, here we are! Monday. The voting is all done and as I suspected, there is no info on the animal rescue site. It says it will let us know on Wednesday! So now we just need to wait through two more "sleeps". Does anyone remember when that is how time was measured? I remember my mom saying "only two more sleeps and it will be Easter, Christmas, your birthday or until we go to ____ (fill in the blank). I also remember using this same system of time measurement with my DD, nieces and nephews.
No matter what the outcome is, we did the very best that we could possibly do. lol! < sign says, "Yea, team!"
At the last count we were ahead by .11 %
So in order for them to pass us by they would have to have at least .12 % of the vote, providing we got no votes at all on the last two days. So even with minimal votes, they would have had to have a huge number of votes to pass us. I would be hard-pressed to belive that could have happened but I also saw how fast we pushed into 1st place, so, anything is possible.
It is very early in the a.m. here and I am feeling the effects of yesterdays projects. My knees and hips do not want to cooperate with my mind. Stiff and sore. Also retaining a lot of water. I suppose it is my body's way of trying to protect itslef from what it might have thought I was trying to do to it. I fell asleep in the puter chair while I was watching TV. So, now I am off to lala land.
(((((HUGGS)))))
AND... THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH for helping in this contest. It was great fun!Laughing
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Joy Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:54 pm

You are most welcome sweetie. That's the least we could do but the waiting, THE WAITING!!, Is awful for me too! LOL Wednesday is taking forever to get here!!
I hope & pray you win! (((hugs)))

Joy

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:56 pm

Hello, my friends, hello! Wednesday. It is Wednesday.
Most of you may have seen this on BFG already. Sorry it took so long to get here today. Life interrupted me.

Laughing WE WON! Laughing
lol! WE WON! lol!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH

I know we couldn't have done it without you. Before you all started to vote, from here and BFG our % was going up very slowly! On the radio today they announced the win and they said the last couple weeks all of a sudden we started to pick up votes from all over the world. I had to chuckle and smile. I knew it was all of you and the people you passed the info on to. I have never met a more caring group of friends! Laughing

They are going to have another one starting in May. I suggested over at BFG that maybe we have a contest to pick a new Shelter to vote for. I am not good at organizing a contest but I will go with whoever gets picked and vote for that one.

The official rules are posted over there at the Animal Rescue Site so maybe some of you would want to see what it takes to get your local shelters involved.

I am on top of the world. It is because of you!
WE WON!
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Genkicoll Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:00 pm

AWESOME!!

Congratulations to the Humane Society of Houghton, MI!!
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down

Post  cazzabee Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:19 pm

Congratulation mmaiden! I had voted a few times after I noticed the post at the weekend. I tell you though, that animal resue site led me to lots of others that peaked my interest too
cazzabee
cazzabee

Back to top Go down

Post  mmaiden Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Yes, lots of special interest groups there. I've bopped around a bit on there! Very Happy
Thanks so much for the votes!
mmaiden
mmaiden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum