Anyone, and Everyone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fast, Easy and Lowfat Meals by Genki

Go down

Fast, Easy and Lowfat Meals by Genki Empty Fast, Easy and Lowfat Meals by Genki

Post  Genkicoll Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:42 pm

hese recipes are meatless and FAST, EASY AND LOWFAT!

(Note: proportions are up to you, depending on the quantity you are wanting to make)

Teriyaki Rice:
- Teriyaki Sauce (I like Yoshida's)
- Original Gardenburgers (if available in your area)
- Cooked Rice
Coat both sides of frozen Gardenburger in teriyaki sauce, then microwave until hot. Crumble cooked Gardenburger with fork, then mix with cooked rice. Add additional teriyaki sauce to taste. May add stir-fried veggies as well for a more rounded meal.

Cheddar Broccoli Potatoes:

- Red Cabbage cut into strips
- Fresh Broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- Campbell's Cheddar Soup
- Milk or water to rehydrate soup
- Baked Potatoes

Steam red cabbage and broccoli until they reach desired consistency (I like mine just *slightly* crisp - aka: al dente).
In separate bowl, mix cheddar soup and water (or milk) until soup is desired consistency (you do NOT want this runny!)
Mix soup with broccoli/cabbage and heat until nice and hot.
Serve over baked potatoes.
*Note: The cheddar soup may turn slightly purple, but that's normal. The red cabbage will dye it.

QUICK/EASY RECIPES FOR BAKED BEANS:
(I really like "Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans", I highly suggest them if they are available in your area)

Tortilla Roll-ups:
- Burrito-sized Flour Tortillas
- Bush's Baked Beans
- Cooked Rice
- Shredded Cheese (optional - good, but fattening)
- Salsa or hot sauce (optional)

Spread cooked rice over 2/3's of tortilla - leave 1/3 on right empty. From top to bottom, on the left hand side, add a line of baked beans. Add cheese and/or salsa. Roll tortilla from left to right. Beans will spread as you roll, so be sure you don't add too many. Cut into slices or eat as-is.

Tortilla Wraps (same ingredients, prepared differently):
- Bush's Baked Beans
- Cooked Rice (optional)
- Shredded Cheese (good, but fattening)
- Salsa or hot sauce (optional)

Heat beans, then warm tortilla. Top warmed tortilla with desired of the above ingredients, then roll up burrito-style. Note: My husband likes to add cooked ham and/or Bacos to his. Smile

Chili burritos
- Nalley's Vegetarian Chili (YUMMY! DON'T use Hormel's veg. chili - it's NASTY!!)
- Shredded cheese (yummy, but fattening)
- Sour cream (I use low-fat)

Heat chili, then warm tortilla. Top warmed tortilla with chili, cheese (if desired) and sour cream, then roll up burrito-style.
Genkicoll
Genkicoll

Back to top Go down